Akron Children’s Hospital is one of the largest independent pediatric hospitals in the U.S., and ranked among the best children’s hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. Our dedicated staff serves nearly 800,000 patient visits per year through our 2 hospital campuses and a large network of locations offering primary and specialty care.
We are leading the way to healthier futures for children and communities through expert medical care, research, and prevention and wellness programs. As a teaching affiliate of Northeast Ohio Medical University and other universities, we train new generations of pediatricians, specialists, nurses and pharmacists every year.
- To treat every child as we would our own
- To treat others as they would like to be treated
- To turn no child away for any reason
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
Shift Information: Day Job
The Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for supervising the accounts payable staff, working in tight collaboration with Supply Chain personnel, as well as responsible for ensuring compliance with the organizations policies and procedures resulting in timely and accurate processing of payments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises accounts payable specialists to ensure vendor invoices are paid accurately and timely.
- Works with staff to resolve any invoice issues with vendors.
- Resolves discrepancies as to pricing, quantities received, approvals, or any other accounts payable discrepancies. Maintain and develop Showcase queries needed by the department.
- Review and manage RNI/INR data and make adjusting entries in Infor.
- Supervises the PNC payment process and assist staff with issues.
- Review inventory reports and compare to GL control accounts. Assist in physical inventories.
- Works with Supply Chain so that items purchased and received are properly recorded for quantity and price to inventory and accounts payable.
- Load General Ledger with daily/monthly data feeds from payables ledger, purchasing, and inventory to Strata management reporting.
- Monthly maintenance for new accounts and departments.
- Completes the required federal and state reporting within prescribed due dates (Form 1099).
- Provide assistance to the organization with any accounts payable, purchasing and/or inventory questions.