* serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
* AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
* We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
* Full Time, M-F 8:30am-5pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
* Serves as a resource to hospital administration, other employees, and physicians on Risk Management/legal/ethical issues, including off-hour and holiday coverage as needed.
* Reviews, investigates and processes internal event report system for assigned area in compliance with Florida Statute 395.0197.
* Monitors, analyzes, and reports aggregated event report data to the Risk Management Director and assigned hospital leaders with a focus on risk exposures for trends or patterns.
* Manages the identification, investigation, resolution and prevention of patient care-related grievances per established patient grievance protocol in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
* Performs as the facilitator at patient/family conferences with physicians and other hospital staff to assist in conflict resolution.
* Facilitates the processing of Sentinel Events through the Root Cause Analysis process. Compiles and reports risk reduction strategies appropriately in an effort to prevent similar occurrences.
What You Will Need:
Registered Nurse, Respiratory Therapist or other clinical professional
3 years of clinical experience in a healthcare-related field
OR Minimum of three years of experience in risk management or claims field
Bachelor's degree in healthcare-related field (Preferred)
Current valid State of Florida license as a Health Care Risk Manager (Preferred)
Current valid State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse (Preferred)
The Risk Management Coordinator (RMC) is responsible for identifying and reducing risks to AdventHealth (AH), its physicians, staff, visitors and patients. The RMC ensures all Risk Management activities, including the internal event report system and patient grievance process are in compliance with FL State Statute 395.0197. The RMC facilitates the Sentinel Event process. The RMC facilitates regulatory surveys and/or legal investigations as they pertain to complaints against AH. The RMC identifies potential compensatory events and works collaboratively with claims management coordinators to prevent litigation.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.