This position is responsible for the data management functions and conduct of research protocols, such that the integrity and quality of the clinical research is maintained and the research is conducted in accordance with Good Clinical Practice Guidelines, federal and sponsor regulations and guidelines, Vanderbilt Policy and Procedure and research protocols.
Inputs, reviews and submits eligibility documentation into data capture systems for a portfolio of studies. Identifies and resolves any documentation discrepancies.
Correctly and efficiently abstracts information from the EMR for multiple studies. Able to manage additional assignments as needed for fast accruing studies.
Identifies AEs from EMR, provides support to correctly and completely record AEs and serves as resource to CTA II staff. Assists with trending reports on AEs for each trial and across teams.
Submits to sponsor all pertinent data into database accurately and efficiently for Phase I/II/III trials. Acts as preceptor for CTA II staff.
Reviews and approves responses to sponsor queries from CTA IIs. Supports complex queries and works with sponsors on issues; supports initiatives to reduce queries through identification on ongoing issue
External Sponsor Monitoring and Visit Management
Coordinates monitor scheduling for multiple studies, including fast accruing studies with increased monitoring demand and studies with data locks for FDA submissions and/or national meeting presentations.
Meets with monitors to review data monitoring results, answer questions and resolve queries. Demonstrates effective communication with external monitors. Mentors data team on resolving issues.
Quality Assurance/Internal Monitoring
Queries research team to clarify, reconcile and complete data issues. Develops assessment tools to assist clinical staff during patient visits. Mentors and trains CTA II staff to communicate effectively with the research team as needed.
Identifies and resolves discrepancies with research team. Mentors and assists data team in effective discrepancy resolution as needed.
Coordinates data entry, data lock, monitoring and audit deadlines for multiple studies.
Trains CTA II staff in good clinical and research practices as it relates to data management as needed. Encourages input as it relates to process improvement.
Prepares for and participates in clinical trial audits. Mentors and trains CTA II staff to prepare for and participate in internal and external audits as needed.
* Bachelors (or equivalent experience) and 3 years of experience.
* Day Shift/Exempt Position
* Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center (VICC) is a leader in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer. The centers world-renowned team of experts provides a integrated, personalized and patient-centered approach to cancer care, including treatment, research, support, education and outreach. From a wide variety of wellness programs to a leading REACH for Survivorship Clinic, patients find support from diagnosis through survivorship. VICC is a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, one of just two centers in Tennessee and 49 in the country to earn this highest distinction, and ranks in the top 10 nationwide for cancer research grant support. Here is a link to our website - http://www.vicc.org/
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health Care Provider in Nashville, #1 Audiology ( Bill Wilkerson Center ), 9 adult and 9 pediatric clinical specialties ranked among the nation's best, #15 Education and Training
* Truven Health Analytics: among the top 100 hospitals in the US
* Becker's Hospital Review: one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals in America"
* The Leapfrog Group: grade "A" in Hospital Safety Score
* National Institutes of Health: among the top 10 grant awardees for medical research in the US
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: 12 faculty members elected fellows in 2014
* Magnet Recognition Program: Vanderbilt nurses are the only group honored in Middle Tennessee
* Nashville Business Journal: Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
* American Hospital Association: among the 100 "Most Wired" medical systems in the US
Internal Number: 1911709
About Vanderbilt Health
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period.Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As th...e largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.