Help lead health care into the future. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health has both the stability that comes with success and the values you can be proud to represent. If you're looking to leverage your abilities - you belong at Banner Health.
Fallon is surrounded by wide-open spaces, internationally known wetlands, historic Pony Express trails, state parks, hiking opportunities, and places to go off-road. Play outdoors for a while then come back into town for some indoor, Nevada-style fun, great dinner, and entertainment.
As an Ambulance Services Associate Manager at Banner Churchill Community Hospital, you will have supervisory and operational responsibilities during your shifts. Our team provides EMS emergent and non-emergent responses to the greater Northern Nevada area. This is a full-time role, working varied hours and shifts. If you are looking for a great role to build your leadership skills, this position is for you - apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Located in Fallon, Nev., Banner Churchill Community Hospital is a 25-bed licensed hospital offering the most comprehensive array of medical services in rural northern Nevada. We provide comprehensive and emergency care, including an ambulance service that covers more than 5,900 square miles. This makes us one of only two hospital-operated paramedic/EMT/EMS providers in northern Nevada. Our location in Fallon - a short drive from both Reno and Lake Tahoe - offers a wealth of lifestyle advantages, including rustic, rural charm, along with a recreational wonderland of outdoor sports, such as boating, fishing, hiking, biking, skiing, hunting, horseback riding and off-roading.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides supervision and support of clinical operations, staff, and patients. Manages finances and personnel to ensure appropriate allocation of resources in providing quality patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides and facilitates patient centered care and patient flow and serves as a resource to employees for clinical and managerial support. Promotes and participates in interdisciplinary patient care planning and education. Assesses appropriate level of care for patient population. Elevates utilization or care plan issues to leadership as appropriate.
2. Ensures effective use of resources, equipment and supplies. Identifies and adjusts staffing levels needed to meet changing workload projections and provide safe, quality patient care. Ensures smooth and efficient patient care management.
3. Assists with the development of budgets and ensures that targets are met.
4. Serves as a resource to patients, families, physicians, and staff by interpreting policies and facilitating care. Provides departmental leadership by demonstrating effective communication skills, problem solving, and proactive conflict resolution to internal and external customers in situations.
5. Hires, leads, mentors, develops, and evaluates staff in a manner that promotes engagement, productivity, and ensures competencies. Mentors staff to increase clinical skills, critical thinking, problem solving skills and promote retention. Conducts individual and team goal setting, performance planning and evaluation.
6. Supports change and participates in the development, interpretation, implementation and evaluation of process improvement and quality management activities. Works with staff to make necessary changes
7. This position facilitates smooth coordination of care to ensure patient care needs are met while maintaining quality standards in a financially responsible manner. Performs work with minimal supervision. Assures efficient operations to meet customer needs. Internal customers include physicians, staff, and management. External customers include patients, families, and surrounding community.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of clinical care as normally obtained through the completion of an associate's degree in nursing, health care or related field.
Paramedic Certificate, ALS, Basic Trauma Life Support, Neonate Resuscitation Program and PALS as required by state regulations.
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical operations as normally demonstrated through 1-2 years of experience with relevant to patient population. Must have the ability to develop and maintain working relationships with physicians, staff, patients, and families. Knowledge of the requirements of applicable regulatory and accreditation agencies Excellent human relations and communication skills. May require possession of a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree preferred. Management or supervisory experience preferred. Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R9214
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.