Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
There is no better time to be in healthcare IT. As an MRI Service Engineer , you will be part of the Technology Management team providing implementation, service, and support for all Banner Health medical equipment. Banner IT was awarded Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2020! The team has also received the 2019 Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology/AAMI Bright Idea finalist award for their innovation and empowering organizational structure. In addition, the commercial business ENTECH , provides project management, on-site technology management, equipment planning and assessment for imaging and non-imaging clinical technology. Dedicated to Banner Health's mission to make health care easier, so life can be better, the Information Technology division is focused on diversity, employee engagement and development, driving innovation, providing legendary service, and delivering successful results, all in a culture of trust and respect.
In your role as a Banner Health MRI Service Engineer, you will work in a faced-paced, and rewarding environment with state-of-the-art technology that directly impacts the patient experience. We provide a robust orientation program to set you up for success. Opportunities for employee development include project and time management, temperament training, leadership academy topics, and vendor-provided technical training. Teamwork is key in this department and you will be empowered to utilize resources and collaborate to ensure consistent service delivery. Some travel may be required depending on the facilities you support. Future career growth includes opportunities in medical imaging, planning, security, integration and quality areas. In addition, tuition reimbursement and tuition discounts are available for continuing education costs.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position has accountability for maintaining MRI devices throughout the system by serving as a magnetic resonance imaging service engineer, which includes providing service and support. This position performs inventory assessment/audits, equipment installations/de-installations, scheduled/preventive maintenance, and corrective maintenance according to hospital policies/procedures and industry-recognized standards. Maintains and documents all service events, performance tests and corrective maintenance that has been performed within the computerized maintenance management system. This position operates under minimal supervision of management.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs scheduled/preventive maintenance and quality assurance activities consistent with established organizational guidelines and procedures, as well as applicable regulatory standards, on assigned MRI technologies. Ensures activities are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Performs support activities on MRI technologies, peripheral patient care equipment, medical communications equipment and personal computers from board/module level through operating systems and personal computer repair, requiring a thorough understanding of electronics theory and applications. Utilizes test equipment, industry standards and manufacturer literature to resolve complex service related issues to ensure technology meets the organization's clinical mission.
3. Responds to and resolves customer service problems by ensuring that clinical capability is restored in a timely fashion. This includes maintaining communication with all appropriate customers regarding the status of equipment repairs as well as proactively identifying and resolving technology issues when appropriate. Under general supervision, addresses all coordinated activities/schedules to ensure management of customer expectations.
4. Provides assigned service and support to external customers. This includes visiting customer sites and providing support on a regular basis.
5. Documents all work performed through the completion of service reports and supplemental productivity documentation in a timely and accurate manner. Monitors and maintains an accurate inventory of clinical equipment technologies, test equipment, tools and parts to ensure internal and external customer technology/operations are appropriately managed. This includes managing and maintaining the department's comprehensive library of technical literature.
6. Assists with equipment installations and project activities involving clinical equipment technology, medical communications technology, and clinical application networks.
7. Participates in and/or assists with development of departmental and hospital based continuous quality improvement initiatives.
8. Participates in maintaining and documenting all service events, performance tests and corrective maintenance activities that have been performed on assigned diagnostic imaging (DI) modalities.
9. In conjunction with management, this position has responsibility for managing their assigned areas. This position is responsible for managing all vendor personnel employed to support applicable MRI technologies.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a knowledge and understanding of biomedical and/or electronics as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in biomedical and/or electronics/electro-mechanical technology.
Must possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding in the service and support of MRI and other high-end diagnostic imaging technologies as typically achieved through five years of related experience and through OEM and ISO service training. Possess a strong knowledge and background in medical equipment service and operations as typically achieved through three years of progressively responsible experience in support of a medical technology service operations and/or program.
Must possess the ability to apply quantitative and qualitative process improvement techniques and perform advanced data analysis. Must have a strong working knowledge of PC/LAN and data communications systems, and possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels within the organization, as well as external customers.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's degree in electronics engineering or related education and/or experience preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R13085
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.