M Health Fairview has an immediate opening for an LPN/CMA in the Clinical Mesaging Contact Center at the Midway Clinic located in St. Paul, MN.
The Contact Center LPN/CMAs primary responsibility is to provide centralized clinical messaging support to primary care clinics. Using the nursing process, this position facilitates access to the health care system and/or negotiates a satisfactory resolution to the clients concern. This position is expected to work closely with providers, nurses and other members of the organizations' staff by demonstrating effective communication, teaching, and negotiating skills.
This is a 1.0 FTE (80 Hours Per Two Week Pay Period), benefits-eligible opening.
$3000 New Hire Bonus is offered!
* Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and
* Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
* Partners with clinic staff, call center staff, clinicians and patients to provide professional, quality
medical care. Completes daily tasks, which may include scheduling responsibilities, including
documenting in the clinic electronic health record. Performs job responsibilities following established
protocols and procedures.
* Provides centralized telephone clinical support. Answers incoming clinical related calls via
computer-based phone system.
* Gathers accurate information during phone encounters with patients. Returns phone calls promptly
under direction of clinician.
* Demonstrates and promotes understanding of high quality patient care; utilizes evidence based
medicine and partners with provider and staff to provide optimal patient care.
* Answers all incoming phone calls in a timely manner and resolves or directs to the appropriate
team or individual via computer based phone system.
* Utilizes several computer systems accurately and efficiently.
Current Medical Assistant certification by the AAMA or AMT or able to obtain within 6 months of hire
License Practical Nurse (LPN) through the MN Board of Nursing
Current BLS certification required upon hire
Previous experience in a clinic setting
Willingness and ability to work at other locations
1 to 3 years of Medical Assisting experience preferred.
Together with the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians we have created M Health Fairview. M Health Fairview is the newly expanded collaboration among the University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Health Services. The healthcare system combines the best of academic and community medicine — expanding access to world-class, breakthrough care through our 10 hospitals and 60 clinics.
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 10 hospitals—including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital—serving the greater Twin Cities metro area.
Its broad continuum also includes 60 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider netwo...rk and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview’s 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.