Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others."
Take flight in your career with Banner Health by applying for this innovative Communication Specialist Dispatching Role for our new start up endeavor that will create a legacy for emergency transportation, Banner Air !
As a Dispatcher with Banner Air, you will be centrally located at our Banner Health Corporate Mesa office, where you will be working with your team to communicate vital information to Flight Crews as they provide 24-hour care to critical patients in Arizona. You will dispatch our Flight crews from bases in Payson, Sun City, Queen Creek and Casa Grande to both 9-1-1 calls and facility-to-facility transfers.
Prior experience in the following areas is preferred: Dispatching (911, security, medical, or flight), Health Unit Coordination (HUC), Placement Liaisons, Operation Logistics, or EMS experience.
Shifts for this position will vary but will rotate on a 36hr/48hr schedule .
POSITION SUMMARY This position is for a Communications Specialist for a rotor-wing, Critical-Care medical transport organization. The Communications Specialist is responsible for oversight and flight-following of all missions and serves as the primary communication link between medical teams, referring and receiving facilities/agencies, pilots and the physicians before and throughout transport.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Activates and follows flight/ground teams during team missions to include flight following, customer notification and documentation. All will be completed in a professional manner, within current policies.
2. Triages and performs multiple critical tasks in a stressful emergency environment calmly and in a timely manner.
3. Establishes proficiency with Incident Command Systems, Emergency Operations Centers, Multiple Casualty Incidents, aircraft incident, Hazmat and Disaster plans with the ability to assist management and federal transportation agencies during any incident.
4. Coordinates the details of medical transports by working with the aviation, medical and communications departments in conjunction with the requesting agency and other appropriate resources.
5. Accurately inputs all flight and ground transport information into network database with special regard to FAA Part 135 and NCME policies and procedures. Maintains a working knowledge of FAA rules and regulations (pertaining to Parts 91 and 135) and remains current and complies with all policies and procedures.
6. Maintains and facilitates positive relationships with referring and receiving facilities and pre-hospital agencies to ensure a safe, coordinated and expeditious response for emergency assistance and/or transport for all customers, both internal and external.
7. Implements proper procedures for notification of administration personnel and/or appropriate agencies in the event of incidents, accidents, or emergency situations involving personnel according to established policies and procedures.
8. Comm Spec will be expected to function independently according to the established protocols and procedures. Confers with supervisor for unusual situations. Difficult decisions may include unusual circumstances where aeromedical transport mode may change according to location, weather, mechanical issues or activation of the Pre / Post Accident Incident Plan. External customers to include all aspects of emergency service departments (fire, police, public service, EMS, bystanders and other dispatch centers). Internally they will work closely with the administrative representatives and the patient placement specialists in addition this position works closely with both aeromedical teams.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Within the first year of hire, must be able to obtain AHA CPR certification and flight-following certification through the International Association of Medical Transport Communication Specialists (IAMTCS).
Must be computer literate and have a good working knowledge of Word, Access and Excel software programs. Must be able to learn other software programs as necessary, including custom programs. Must possess excellent customer service skills and have the ability to function calmly in high pressure situations, think clearly and logically, and make problem-solving decisions based on information given. Must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills. Ability to multi-task and to work as a team.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous experience with air medical communications experience. Current EMT-B certification or higher. Previous medical terminology course or experience. EMS operation experience.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.