Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
There is no better time to be in healthcare IT. As a Biomed Engineering Project Consultant, you will be part of the Technology Management team providing implementation, service, and support for all Banner Health medical equipment. Banner IT was awarded Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2020! The team has also received the 2019 Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology/AAMI Bright Idea finalist award for their innovation and empowering organizational structure. In addition, the commercial business ENTECH , provides project management, on-site technology management, equipment planning and assessment for imaging and non-imaging clinical technology. Dedicated to Banner Health's mission to make health care easier, so life can be better, the Information Technology division is focused on diversity, employee engagement and development, driving innovation, providing legendary service, and delivering successful results, all in a culture of trust and respect.
In your role as a Banner Health Biomed Engineering Project Consultant, you will work in a faced-paced, and rewarding environment with state-of-the-art technology that directly impacts the patient experience. We provide a robust orientation program to set you up for success. Opportunities for employee development include project and time management, temperament training, leadership academy topics, and vendor-provided technical training. Teamwork is key in this department and you will be empowered to utilize resources and collaborate to ensure consistent service delivery. Some travel may be required depending on the facilities you support. Future career growth includes opportunities in medical imaging, planning, security, integration and quality areas. In addition, tuition reimbursement and tuition discounts are available for continuing education costs.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides technical expertise used to develop and implement equipment plans for capital projects throughout the system. The project management team provides technical and business expertise to assist the organization's Materials Management and Construction Management Teams in evaluating, leveraging and selecting capital equipment manufacturer and design standards to be implemented during capital projects.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supports the development and review of business plans by assessing equipment needs and developing accurate capital equipment plans and budget estimates for construction and other projects involving equipment competing for Strategic and Regional Capital from all of medical facilities. Once projects are approved, this position administers the implementation of the equipment plan, as well as plays a key role in ensuring the project is delivered on time and within budget.
2. Works with Materials Management in the development and enforcement of established equipment manufacturer standards for medical and communication equipment. This position brings technical and business expertise necessary to identify material cost elements associated with a wide variety of medical devices, as well as develop technical RFP specifications and participate in leverage negotiations to lower the cost of equipment ownership for the organization.
3. In addition to providing much of the clinical engineering support for major projects, this position provides the primary FF&E equipment planning administrative support for major construction projects under the direction of construction management office. This includes applying equipment standards, creatively using in-house resources wherever possible, and being familiar with construction management process and documentation procedures designed to control and manage a budget and eliminate or minimize change orders.
4. Provides professional communications and appearance while interfacing with senior management, finance, physicians, clinical managers, staff, and other members of technology management to manage challenging budget/design issues and assures appropriateness of design, consistency with standards with specific regard to current need, growth, and emerging technologies.
5. Provides consulting services in a professional manner by providing frequent and appropriate communication with customers while striving to meet expectations for delivering projects on time and under budget.
6. Provides appropriately detailed equipment planning documentation and training for the department's technical service team to support the transition of projects so they can be appropriately maintained for mutual customers after project completion.
7. This position will lead and work collaboratively with facility administrators, physicians, clinical managers and staff, project management teams from IT and construction, architects, engineers, contractors, vendor sales and technical staff, materials management leadership and staff, to develop and implement equipment plans for special equipment/systems for projects throughout the organization. Overall, the Project Management Team is expected to develop and implement capital equipment plans effecting over $100,000,000 worth of equipment purchases annually.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of technology and/or engineering as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in a technology, engineering or related field.
A minimum of five years experience working in a hospital clinical setting dealing with the design, selection, installation and maintenance of complex medical systems.
Thorough knowledge of complex medical system design and function, and computer and network system design and function required. Must also possess proven leadership and/or project management experience, including all project phases such as, planning through acceptance, of multi-disciplinary projects involving special systems. Must also demonstrate excellent technical, interpersonal and communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certification as Certified Clinical Engineer (CCE), Certified Biomedical Equipment Tech (CBET), Certified Laboratory Equipment Specialists (CLES) or Certified Radiology Equipment Specialist (CRES) by the International Certification Commission for Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.