Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
There is no better time to be in healthcare IT. As a Senior Clinical Engineering Consultant, you will be part of the Technology Management team providing implementation, service, and support for all Banner Health medical equipment. Banner IT was awarded Insider Pro and Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT for 2020! The team has also received the 2019 Biomedical Instrumentation and Technology/AAMI Bright Idea finalist award for their innovation and empowering organizational structure. In addition, the commercial business ENTECH , provides project management, on-site technology management, equipment planning and assessment for imaging and non-imaging clinical technology. Dedicated to Banner Health's mission to make health care easier, so life can be better, the Information Technology division is focused on diversity, employee engagement and development, driving innovation, providing legendary service, and delivering successful results, all in a culture of trust and respect.
In your role as a Banner Health Senior Clinical Engineering Consultant, you will work in a faced-paced, and rewarding environment with state-of-the-art technology that directly impacts the patient experience. We provide a robust orientation program to set you up for success. Opportunities for employee development include project and time management, temperament training, leadership academy topics, and vendor-provided technical training. Teamwork is key in this department and you will be empowered to utilize resources and collaborate to ensure consistent service delivery. Some travel may be required depending on the facilities you support. Future career growth includes opportunities in medical imaging, planning, security, integration and quality areas. In addition, tuition reimbursement and tuition discounts are available for continuing education costs.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides technical expertise used to develop and implement equipment plans for capital projects throughout the organization at a senior level. This position is distinguished from others either by technical expertise in a particular area and/or by ownership of regional operational responsibility for a functional area of equipment planning or support.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Supports the development and review of business plans by assessing equipment needs and developing accurate capital equipment plans and budget estimates for construction and other projects competing for Strategic and Regional Capital from all medical facilities. Once projects are approved, this position provides leadership and resources necessary to administer the successful implementation of equipment plans
2. Partners with Materials Management in the development and enforcement of the organization's published equipment manufacturer standards for medical and communication equipment. Applies technical and business expertise necessary to identify material cost elements associated with a wide variety of medical devices, as well as develop technical RFP specifications and participate in leverage negotiations to lower the cost of equipment ownership for the organization.
3. Provides direct project management support and clinical engineering expertise to major projects. Provide regional leadership necessary to support other equipment planners with FF&E practice standards, administrative and technical resource support. Provides guidance and oversight for projects as they relate to the AIA construction management process and documentation procedures designed to control and manage a budget and minimize change orders.
4. Establishes and manages equipment plans with budgets ranging from $5-50 Million as well as the support services staff involved in the delivery of successful projects
5. Provides consulting services in a professional manner by providing frequent and appropriate communication with customers while striving to meet expectations for delivering projects on time and under budget.
6. Provides leadership and support assisting project management team's ability to delivery equipment documentation and orientation for Tech Mgmt's Technical Service Team to support the transition of projects so they can be appropriately maintained for our mutual customers benefit after project completion.
7. Works closely with organizational administrators in Human Resources Regional Operations, Risk Management and customers regarding equipment service and facility projects. External contacts involve vendors, their products, training opportunities, and service. Position is also involved with administrators of medical facilities outside the system, and with prospective medical facility clients.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Must possess a strong knowledge of technology and/or engineering as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in technology, engineering or related field
Must possess a strong knowledge of clinical technology and its appropriate application and utilization as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree and/or technology, or related field. Must possess five years of clinical application, and/or equipment maintenance or project management experience in a hospital setting in the management or support of clinical technologies.
Must possess the ability to design, coordinate, and implement complex technology installations. Must possess ability to build business plans, as well as lead and guide other staff members. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Certification as a Radiology Technician is preferred for positions focused on imaging technology. Certification as a licensed practitioner for positions focused on non-imaging technology preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.