Location: Wilmington, Delaware
Human Resources Director
ChristianaCare, the largest healthcare system in Delaware is searching for a strategic leader for the position of Human Resources Director. The HR Director will lead our Caregiver Experience Team (HRBP) in its prioritization and delivery of HR talent solutions. This proactive leader will serve as an elite, data-driven thought partner accelerating problem-solving and driving business outcomes through human capital strategies. Partnering with the Medical Group and ChristianaCare leadership the HR Director will provide skilled guidance to advance critical work in areas including, but not limited to people strategy, culture and engagement, organizational efficiency, workforce planning, human capital metrics and succession management.
Delivering health, not just health care is our promise to our community. Be a part of an organization that makes a difference and impacts the lives of each other and the communities we serve through our commitment of being excellent today and even better tomorrow.
- Partners with Medial Group Executives and extended HR leadership team to drive business success forward by delivery of a HR strategy that is aligned with the needs of the provider organization.
- Guides executives in translation of business strategy into talent strategy that champions and reinforces ChristianaCare culture.
- Develops the maturation of the HRBP model to better align or advance client(s) business goals/strategies while concurrently providing skilled HR consultation to the Medical Group of ChristianaCare (MGCC) physician & operational executives.
- Directs the Caregiver Experience (HRBP) team of three in review and interpretation of Human Capital metrics, assess risks for the business, and develop remediation strategies as appropriate.
- Proactively identify key trends, assess, and interpret data to drive strategic HR initiatives forward with embedded measurable outcomes.
- Collaborates with Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations; Diversity, Inclusion & Engagement, ILEAD, Compensation; and HR COE leaders to manage equity and equitable outcomes of programs and talent solutions.
- Provides oversight for coordination of HR services/information between operational areas, Credentialing, Legal, Medical/Dental staff office, other HR sections for the purposes of interpreting and communicating policies and providing HR guidance as needed.
- Five years of people leadership experience required.
- Ten years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources; preferably in large matrixed environment supporting decentralized clients.
- B.S. degree in Human Resources or related field required, Masters preferred.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) certification preferred.
- President/CEO Dr. Janice Nevin named among 50 Most Influential Clinical Executives in 2022 by Modern Healthcare
- ChristianaCare is the largest healthcare system in Delaware centered on improving health outcomes, making high-quality care more accessible and lowering health care costs.
- Achieved Healthgrades America's 50 Best Hospitals Award (2023) and rated by Forbes as the 2nd best health system for diversity and inclusion (2022)
- The region is rich with diverse cultures and offers some of the nation's best public and private schools, colleges, and universities.
ChristianaCare, headquartered in Wilmington, DE employs over 13,000 caregivers with three acute care hospitals (1,336 beds), extensive network of primary care and outpatient specialty services, home health care, urgent care centers and free-standing emergency department. We have locations in Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Our Christiana campus offers a Level I trauma center, Level III neonatal intensive care unit, comprehensive stroke center and regional centers of excellence in heart and vascular care, cancer care and women's health. ChristianaCare is ranked by Healthgrades as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals and continually ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek, and other national quality ratings. We're a nonprofit teaching health system with more than 260 residents and fellows.