Location: Miami, Florida
Provides leadership to the Minor Procedure Suites. Supports and assists the Director, Medical Director, and executive leadership in the efficient operation and overall strategic and financial planning of Surgical Services. Supports and upholds the Health System Mission, Vision, Values, and Guiding Behaviors, Patient Bill of Rights, and the Code of Business and Ethical Conduct.
Job Specific Duties
- Applies patient care provision and management systems, personnel development, fiscal and unit operations, performance improvement, and program development.
- Promotes innovation and excellence in clinical, service, and team performance. Use of innovative ideas to increase productivity, reduce costs, and to develop positive and proactive team member relations. Maintains a comprehensive staffing plan and model that is aligned with budget and key quality indicators.
- Works to implement and evaluate systems that promote cost effective and safe quality patient care.
- Provides leadership and business acumen in positioning areas of responsibility for optimal performance in achieving the organization's fiscal and quality objectives.
- Understands economic factors impacting health care resources including state, federal, and third-party payment structure.
- Responsible for identifying financial and quality metrics that demonstrate review of the current evidence-based literature, regulatory requirements, and organizational objectives. Manage budget(s) effectively and made aware of any variances of greater than 5% by Director. Directly manages personnel resources from hiring to employment separation while supervising staff through orientation, training, and annual performance reviews within established guidelines within scope of responsibility. Monitors and impacts cost containment while enhancing revenue streams to meet the fiscal goals according to hospital policies and procedures.
- Leads and manages various process improvement initiatives. Responsible for all aspects of project execution, project management, documentation, and status reporting within the organization.
- Identifies performance improvement initiatives, develops, and executes strategies to improve business and clinical processes. Performs administrative duties such as collecting, analyzing, and reporting data pertinent to department.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential obstacles and barriers, and devises escalation and contingency plans.
- Continuously evaluate operations and implement process improvements that reduce or eliminate waste, increase efficiency, quality, safety, satisfaction, and cost-effectiveness.
- Supports the Surgical Services Director to forecast, develop, and manage capital and operational budgets.
- Collaborates with leaders and stakeholders, develops a comprehensive plan, and model aligned to the budget and key quality indicators. Engages staff, solicits feedback to understand the voice of the customer, and provides growth and learning opportunities.
- Develops and implements strategies to support the business plans and assures service is met in a high quality manner. Analyzes productivity and labor analysis and works with Director of Surgical Services. Adjusts the planning to the operations needs to ensure operating budgets targets are met.
- Collaborates with the Surgical Services leaders, staff, and medical team to drive optimization and support the team with clinical, non-clinical, and administrative initiatives.
- Actively participates and facilitates organizational improvement by leading and participating in committees and performance improvement teams across departments and disciplines within the facility and across the system as appropriate.
- Lead projects focused on turnaround times, scheduling, block utilization, late starts, anesthesia, cancellations and supply chain.
- Ensures behavior meets and/or exceeds targeted service scores as measured by the Service Index and/or the internal departmental service survey.
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education requirements.
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by NCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy & procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- Identifies LEAN projects and selects tools to review and evaluate current process states.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Clinical, Business, or Management
- 4-7 years of nursing, clinical, or management experience in a surgical services acute care environment
- 4-7 years of experience with budget, leading projects, and working interprofessional team
- 4-7 years of management experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or related field preferred.
- 8-10 years of healthcare management preferred.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building skills.
- Ability to mentor, guide, and motivate direct reports through demonstration of best practices and leading by example.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously and produce expected results.
- Highly developed skills using personal computer tools including computerized healthcare information system, word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to use logical and scientific thinking to interpret technical data and solve a broad range of problems.
- Utilizes standard mathematical techniques to budget and provide productivity assessments.
- Ability to work with patients and their families.
- Ability to trend and track productivity results and uses the data to predictive future scenarios.
Primary Location :
Florida-Miami-Nicklaus Children's Hospital - Main Hospital Campus