Optum in the tri-state region (formerly CareMount Medical, ProHEALTH New York and Riverside Medical Group) offers an interconnected network that enables us to work collaboratively to better coordinate care among our doctors and care teams. Together, we offer you and your family access to more than 2,100 providers, representing 70 specialties, working in 360 medical practices and more than 55 urgent care locations across New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut.
We’re a dynamic and growing health care organization, offering a wide range of employment opportunities. We are seeking professional and dedicated individuals to be part of our team, where integrity, respect, accountability, and collaboration are among our core principles. Work with the largest care delivery organization in the world and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
CareMount Medical, P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 640,000 patients in more than 45 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties and New York City. Founded in 1946 as Mount Kisco Medical Group, CareMount has grown to over 600 physicians and advanced practice professionals representing more than 40 different medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class organizations including Massachusetts General Hospital, Mount Sinai Health System, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites, and operates eight urgent-care centers. Our physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications and have been featured in lists including New York Magazine's "Best Doctors," Westchester and Hudson Valley Magazine's "Top Doctors" as well as in Castle Connolly Medical's "Top Doctors."
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients...to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal - physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel. The commitment to deliver services that revolve around our patients is central to our care practices and philosophies. Integrated care teams focus their efforts to ensure that evidence-based, patient-centered approaches are consistently implemented to maximize patient health, self-efficacy, and self-management.
Position Overview: The Registered Nurse or RN provides professional nursing care to patients/significant others via direct and/or telephone contact, following established standards and practices. S/he coordinates with other members of the care team to ensure seamless care delivery, maximal coordination of efforts, and active patient participation in planning and care. Assists physician or other provider with clinical procedures, performs telephone triage as needed, and participates in patient teaching.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Arrives to work on time or notifies Patient Care Manager or designee as soon as employee becomes aware that s/he will be absent or tardy, and/or as per individual department protocol
- Maintains an acceptable attendance record as per CareMount Medical policies and procedures
- Notifies Patient Care Manager or designee whenever leaving CareMount Medical premises during scheduled work hours
- Attends all mandatory CareMount Medical programs and in-services
- Dresses according to CareMount Medical dress code
- Assumes responsibility for reading, understanding, and complying with information contained in the current CareMount Medical Employee Handbook, CareMount Medical Clinical and/or Administrative Policy & Procedure Manuals, as applicable
- Maintains patient confidentiality under all circumstances, and follows all CareMount Medical policies regarding confidentiality
- Assists Patient Care Manager and/or designee, and/or other administrative personnel when possible by taking on alternate assignments or other responsibilities, working additional hours, or altering regularly scheduled hours, when necessary, for the efficient operation of CareMount Medical
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Registered nurse licensed to practice in New York State (NYS) with current NYS registration and in good standing
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.)
- Current BLS certification
- 2+ years of recent pertinent professional nursing experience in a hospital, medical office, or other clinical setting
- 1+ years of experience as a registered nurse or 2+ years as a licensed practical nurse in a pertinent practice area
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $56,300 to $110,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment